Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Result

Thanks to Cheryl Morgan the Finns have been in touch and are keen to be involved in our fiction in translation project. Could this be the acorn that we need? I hope so. The best Dutch story of last year is currently being translated and we're still on a promise from Galaxies in France. That would mean translated stories in five issues in a row would be possible. We also have a story from an Argentinian writer in inventory, though he has been widely published in English. But the theme is there to see. Now all we need is to keep the momentum going.

3 comments:

  1. Bob, I´m reproducing here what I just wrote in Cheryl´s comments:

    "Though I am writing in English now, most of my stories are originally written in Portuguese - some of them won awards in Brazil. The same applies to other Brazilian writers. Most of them can´t write in English, and would be delighted in having their work translated."

    How can I be of assistance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you´ll get it in my Blogger profile, but in case you don´t, my e-mail is:

    zeroabsoluto@gmail.com

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Bob. I'm the Brazilian correspondent of the *Locus* magazine. Write me at rscauso@yahoo.com.br, and I will send you some stories by different Brazilian writers, already in English.

    ReplyDelete