Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Chancing My Arm

My Albedo One colleague, Roelof Goudriaan, sent me a link to an article on translation in the EU. I read it then followed one of the links in the article, and then another and so on. Unfortunately I did not find what I was looking for - details on EU funding for literary translations - so I resorted to clicking the 'contact us' button.
I've set out the Albedo One scheme for a system to translate stories into other languages and asked if there is any EU funding available.
Watch this space.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about what's going on translation wise at a European level but I do know that France and more particularly the French National Book Center offers scholarships to foreign translators looking to stay in France in order to accomplish their translation. It has to be a translation from French of course. I don't know if this can help but here the contact they list on their web page anyway: Natacha KUBIAK

    More info here: http://www.centrenationaldulivre.fr/?BOURSES-DE-SEJOUR-AUX-TRADUCTEURS

    Good luck !

    ReplyDelete