Friday, August 7, 2009

Worldcon

So I've travelled halfway across the Western world to Canada and last night we discovered that there are very few vegetarian-friendly restaurants in Montreal. We even tried one thaqt was mentioned in the con restaurant guide as not having much vegetarian food. They had none and almost laughed at our enquiry. But we got fed. Eventually. Even the vegetarian.
Then we went to the Tor room party. Met Bill Fawcett and his lovely wife, Jody Lynn Nye, whom I haven't seen in years - not since a long-ago night in the (now sadly defunct)Tree of Idleness restaurant in Bray.
Bill introduced me to Larry Niven but unfortunately I'm not important enough for the likes of him. Or maybe he's gust a grumpy old ******* (how many letters in person?).
We also met up with Colin Harvey who is not yet too important for the likes of Albedo One. But he might be soon. Will he still drink with us when he's a superstar? We'll still be drinking anyway.
Two panels this morning. One at the ungodly hour of nine a. m. on editors who write and how it afects them. Good panel, though Mike Resnick found it too early in the morning to show.
Next up was a time travel panel. But its focus was on movies and television. I love movies and television but I really knew very little about the specifics of the relevant movies. So I spoke off the point as usual and made inappropriate jokes.
Two more panels later on . I'll update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment