Friday, August 21, 2009

Fire Sale

Anyone want a car, slightly burned. Check out the photos on my Facebook page.
Last night I got up to check noises outside the house - at the behest of Stacey. Holy Crap, Batman! My car was on fire. According to the police someone walked into my driveway and, not a dozen feet as the crow flies from where I sleep, poured petrol over my car and put a match to it.
Fortunately we got everyone out of the house safely and the fire brigade arrived before the flames spread to the interior and the highly flammable upholstery, or even the petrol tank.
I have a theory but it is extremely slanderous or libelous or whatever. But the police have taken away the remains for forensic examination in detail. They seem to think there was something more than malice in the act. There was also coincidence.
I bought the car less than six months back. The dealer has had the car for six weeks of that time trying to fix a problem. They lied to me about significant details prior to purchase. I have evidence. The police told me they are prosecutable. They had agreed, much to my surprise, to replace the car. I was due to bring the car back this afternoon.
Coincidence or what?

2 comments: