Friday, April 24, 2009

The new issue of Albedo One is just about ready to go to the printers and it features an award winning German story, Heimkehr, in English The Homeward Journey. I hope that it gets the wider audience it deserves and I hope that somebody thinks it was worth the trouble.
But where are the other foreign language stories? I emailed several European magazines, whom we had talked to about this project previously, and guess how many editors bothered to reply? I bet you guessed this one - absolutely none.
Honourable mention must go to Galaxies - thanks for the support Gillian - who sent us a copy of their latest issue with an article on Irish SF in which the wonderful Albedo One is heavily featured. But as of now there will be no translation in the following issue because no-one has bothered to send us one.

6 comments:

  1. Did you ask anyone from Finland? I can nudge them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spoke to them at Eurocon 07 and discussed it with the editor of their ezine. But she never responded to emails. I would be grateful if you could refresh their memories or anythign that might get stuff moving along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bob! In fact I replied for emails - but never get answer - maybe I wrote to wrong address or wrong person or something, and forgot the whole thing after that. But thanks to Cheryl I found this post and I just send you email. We have award-winnings stories and some already in English - and we can traslate more if we find proper short stories. Short and "short", some of them are maybe too long, we have this thing called "syndrome of indeed very long short stories of Portti competition"...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bob, I will try to tell the Italians about this. Hopefully they will send you something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bob, one of my Italian contacts is very interested, but can't manage to post on this blog, so I do it for him.

    His email is gdematteo at next-station dot org, and you can find more about the project he and others are working on at http://www.next-station.org/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gillian/To Albedo One
    Pierre Gavert, the editor in chief of Galaxies informed me two days ago that the story of Albedo One will be translated in French and published in Galaxies.
    My apologies for delaying to inform the editors of Albedo One about this; I was abroad and had no access to the Internet.
    It is my pleasure to try, on my way, to support as much as I can a wonderful magazine like Albedo One. Not only for the high quality and diversity of the stories in the magazine; also for the efforts of Albedo One to promote and encourage European collaboration.

    ReplyDelete